Experience to Lead
Public service leader…
I have a proven record of standing up for those I serve. As a Village Board Trustee I helped negotiate a boundary agreement that protected resources and secured areas for growth. On the County Board, I stood strong against powerful forces to keep the dangerous bio-defense lab from locating in the Town of Dunn. I helped secure one of the largest federal grants of its type to get the Lower Yahara River Trail built. I championed the Better Urban Infill Development grant program that helped transform sites like the former, contaminated Royster-Clark property. I stood up for Dane County residents concerned about risks posed by Enbridge Pipeline’s plans to triple the amount of tar sands oil flowing through Line 61. You can be confident that I have the fortitude and commitment to stand up for all taxpayers of Dane County.
- Village Trustee in McFarland for 6 years,
- Chaired the Finance Committee
- Founded McFarland Community Development Authority
- Dane County Board Supervisor for 10 years
- Chaired Dane County Zoning and Land Regulation Committee
- Commission on Economic and Workforce Development
- Chair Better Urban InfilL Development (BUILD) Advisory Committee
- Serve on Dane County Lakes and Watershed Commission
…with professional finance and managerial experience
I have a strong history of management and financial experience that enables me to hit the ground running. In developing and maintaining large-scale finance systems, I have made procedural and system improvements, minimized staffing demands and greatly increased productivity.
- Owner/principal of consulting business that provides business systems analysis services
- Nearly 20 years experience developing and maintaining billion dollar public finance systems
- Professional experience includes management of bonds and other financial instruments, debt service administration, cash flow analysis, billing and receipting.
- Former Business Manager of a non-profit. Supervised staff, managed agency budget, prepared annual audits, etc.